Guideline to Resolve Memory Issues on MS Excel
While working with MS Excel, Memory problems are very obvious, so it does not mean what edition you are using as memory error may seem on any of the MS Office version. There are several kinds of memory errors that can arise and block the user to perform a work. In this post, we will review some of the MS Excel Memory error and try several resolutions to solve them. But before going to fix the memory error, it is advised that find out the main reason for this issue first as this can block the MS memory issue in the future or you can go to the office.com/setup
to get support.
After installing the MS Excel, Microsoft is asking you to install 64-bit MS Office, so it can do the running out of memory and resources problems. In some of the earlier version of Excel, Microsoft recommended 32-bit as some of the limitations and add-ins did not still exist in the 64-bit compatible edition.
Reasons for the Error:
You will get an error like "Not Enough Memory" when you try to load or add formulas into a wide area of a worksheet. Microsoft Excel versions like Microsoft Excel 2007, Excel 2010, and Excel 2013 32-bit is working with 2 GB of memory which is also declared as the internal heap space. Along with the memory, each of the instances is also set to the 32,760 source cells to do a quick fill operation. When you attempt to copy the huge areas of a worksheet, then due to these restrictions you will get the memory error. You can get the support for it from office.com/setup.
This error commonly arises while attempting to delete one single row in an excel sheet. It delivers an error message "there is not enough memory to complete this action" and later it Microsoft Excel becomes freezes. The main reason behind this problem is not clear, but you can fix this issue with comfort. You just follow the below-given steps one by one to sort out this error:
- . First of all, verify that all your device drivers are updated. Also, update the MS Office and for this, you just have to go through the below options,
- • FILE>> Account>> Office Update>> Update Now.
- • After that, you have to uncheck the Disable hardware graphics acceleration by File>>Option>>Advanced >>Display
- • And then now, check that the error is removed or not. Or request for support at office.com/setup.
If you get an error like "Microsoft Excel Cannot Open or Save Any More Documents Because there is Not Enough Available Memory or Disk Space" then your device may have sufficient disk space in C or D drive and memory but excel displays, you don't have adequate memory available.
Generally, this error message seems on the Excel files that include complex formulas, calculations, or external resources. It ensures that this error is relevant to the built-in security settings of MS Excel. Just go by the provided steps to solve this issue:
- • First of all, you just have to create a new Excel file and then go to the Options from File Menu.
- • Then click on the Trust Center Settings and under it, un-tick all checkboxes in Protected.
- • By this, you will offer the Excel file to start without any security flaws like above
- • Now click on the OK button to apply the settings then attempt to open the same Excel file which is giving the error.
Sometimes you also have shown error like "Unable to open the attachments in Excel because of the there isn't enough memory or disk space" and to resolve this error,
- • You have to provide more memory, by closing the workbooks or application that you don't require.
- • Also, delete some files that you don't require to free up some space.
- • If this problem is happening with a special file, then it is certain that it is a file-based problem.
- • So, first of all, you have to check out the file format of the attached file. Then save the file locally on your device and then open it.
- • Now right click on the file, saved locally and then go to Properties and uncheck the Block option and then again attempt to open the same file.
If you are still not able to open the file in MS Excel, then you have to open the same file in CSV file format. And to do this, just go to the save as option from the File menu and save the file as a CSV format. Now try to open the files, if still it's not opening then visit the MS Office support team at www.office.com/setup